The school implements a balanced curriculum that caters to the natural and healthy development of a child.
The curriculum contains the following characteristics:
1. It is based on the thematic approach with integrated learning activities.
2. The themes are organized in relation to the children’s life experiences, seasons and cultural background.
3. The curriculum is child-centered and developmental appropriate.
4. The introduction of concepts through first-hand and sensory experience.
5. The establishment of a school based “Curriculum Development Team” that is responsible for developing an appropriate curriculum.
6. The systematic observation and recording of the children’s development.
7. The implementation of a whole language approach and a phonic programme to facilitate competency in reading.
Project approach plays an important role in our curriculum as it stimulates children’s minds.
All projects are inspired by children’s questions and draw on diverse learning areas and thinking skills.
These Child-initiated projects allow children to develop foundational academic skills and boots long-term achievements.
It has been three years that we've included Montessori in our curriculum and our aims are to stimulate children’s
self-motivation; self-reflection and to foster good learning attitude. Learning through such method allows children
to enhance their logical thinking, which includes the following: observation, judgment and confirmation. It also teaches
children’s self-learning and self-correction, plus, to increase self-confidence, discipline and independence.
Our kindergarten aims to provide diverse learning experiences for children, allowing children to learn through a fun and
relaxing environment. In order to enhance our students’ English Learning, we’ve organized activities based on different
themes conducted by Native English Teachers for children to learn through play and interactions.
Copyright 2014. Rosaryhill School All rights reserved